Vis­it­ing a doctor

If you are ill, you should first go to a Hausarzt (gen­er­al prac­ti­tion­er). If you have chil­dren, you can take them to a Kinder­arzt (pae­di­a­tri­cian). You can find doc­tors’ address­es in the tele­phone book or on the Inter­net. Use the link to find out which doc­tors in your area speak var­i­ous lan­guages:

If you need spe­cial treat­ment, you can con­sult a spe­cial­ist in a med­ical prac­tice or hos­pi­tal. Your gen­er­al prac­ti­tion­er will refer you to a spe­cial­ist. Some­times you can go direct­ly to a spe­cial­ist, some­times the spe­cial­ist will ask for a refer­ral from your gen­er­al practitioner.