Reg­is­ter­ing your res­i­dence in Karlsruhe

Reg­is­ter­ing your res­i­dence in Karlsruhe

Any­one mov­ing into an apart­ment in Karl­sruhe must register.

Reg­is­tra­tion must take place with­in two weeks of mov­ing in.


No reg­is­tra­tion is required if:

  • You are already reg­is­tered in Ger­many and have lived in the apart­ment for no longer than 6 months
  • You live abroad and have been liv­ing in Ger­many for no longer than 3 months

Reg­is­tra­tion takes place in the cit­i­zens’ offices.

Make an appointment
👉🏼 Online appoint­ment

👉🏼 Link to the uni­ver­sal online ser­vice (report­ing)

Required doc­u­ments

  • Com­plet­ed and signed form: Reg­is­tra­tion — Reg­is­tra­tion form
  • Iden­ti­ty card or pass­port (copy)
  • Com­plet­ed and signed form: Land­lord’s con­fir­ma­tion of residence
  • Proof of civ­il sta­tus (e.g. birth and/or mar­riage cer­tifi­cate), if applicable.
    In the case of a for­eign pub­lic doc­u­ment, a trans­la­tion pre­pared by a sworn trans­la­tor in the Fed­er­al Repub­lic of Ger­many is also required.
    Depend­ing on the coun­try of ori­gin, the for­eign civ­il sta­tus cer­tifi­cate may also require an apos­tille or legal­iza­tion (not required for EU mem­ber states).


Target group: all
This event is gratis