Aliens Reg­is­tra­tion Office (Aus­län­der­be­hörde)

Where do you have to reg­is­ter if you are not from an EU coun­try? If you are a cit­i­zen of a coun­try out­side the EU and are enter­ing Ger­many to live here per­ma­nent­ly, you must reg­is­ter with the local Aus­län­der­be­hörde (Foreign’s Reg­is­tra­tion Office). They will issue you with an Aufen­thalt­sti­tel (res­i­dence permit).

Please make an appoint­ment in advance either by phone – Tel. 115 – or online at

Where? Aus­län­der­be­hörde
Stadt Karl­sruhe
Ord­nungs- und Bürg­er­amt
Kaiser­allee 8
76124 Karl­sruhe
2nd floor
Rooms: E 219 to E 223

What do I take with me?

  • Iden­ti­ty card or passport
  • Con­fir­ma­tion of reg­is­tra­tion from the Bürgerbüro

What do I receive?

  • Res­i­dence per­mit, res­i­dence per­mit for spe­cif­ic pur­pos­es or oth­er certificates

EU cit­i­zens enjoy free­dom of move­ment with­in the Euro­pean Union. This means they can move freely in oth­er mem­ber states, enter or stay there. They do not have to reg­is­ter at the Foreign’s Reg­is­tra­tion Office or apply for a work permit.